The Wall Street Journal’s Own Finance bureau seeks a reporter to go over the pursuit of joy, by which we signify not just a much better mood, but a much better everyday living.
You will dig into the at any time-shifting obstructions and avenues to wealth and prosperity in The usa, rising threats to our money wellbeing, and how the most important information stories of the day hit our wallets.
Personalized finance is not just about paying out, saving, borrowing and investing, but coming to conditions with our fears and desires. Much of the common money playbook is staying revised in genuine time during this era of higher nervousness, superior inflation, and Good Resignation. Between the critical thoughts listed here: How are individuals redefining the great lifestyle? Exactly where are men and women running into difficulties? And what can they do about it?
This defeat is an option to inform unique stories that help people facial area money problems at every single daily life phase. The intention is to improve the way people today speak and assume about dollars and lifetime, to use terms, video, audio, and charts to generate exceptional and useful journalism that aids readers’ pursuit of richer lives for them selves and their liked ones.
There is no GPS device for navigating revenue and existence decisions, but your protection must enable persons steer on their own in the proper route.
In this job, you will:
- Soar on news and spot story angles and developments that preserve us forward of the levels of competition.
- Compose often and will pursue prolonged, medium and short-term stories, usually collaborating with other reporters in our newsroom.
- Be aspect of an revolutionary, nimble bureau that forges limited connections with its audience. The chances for experimentation are a lot of, as are the off-platform components of the career, from podcast interviews to live functions to Twitter video clips.
- Enthusiasm for spotting the excellent tale angles others move by.
- Information of revenue and finance, and can display a monitor document of developing demanding, readable journalism in personalized finance.
- Fanatical devotion to fairness, accuracy and depth.
You will report to Jeremy Olshan, bureau main for Personalized Finance. When you will most likely commence remotely, the work is based in New York.
To apply, be sure to submit your resume, a go over letter detailing how you would strategy the task and illustrations of your work.
To use, go here.